Monday, September 5, 2011

Be Still and Know that I am God

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am. . .
Be still and know. . .
Be still. . .
Be. . .

When was the last time you truly took a Sabbath day?  A day of true rest?  Not just laying around on the couch watching football (though that might be refreshing for some) but a day when you intentionally thought about God, offered a prayer each time you thought of Jesus and what he has done for you, sat in silence waiting to hear the whisper of the Holy Spirit?

Labor Day is a good day to shabbat- to rest in the Lord.  Should be called "rest" day though.  Instead of filling every waking moment with something to do. . . take some time today to relax, have a little fun with your friends or family. . . and remember the One who rested on the seventh day!  To encourage you I have added a picture of Martin Luther who is soooo good at just "being," much better at it than I am!


2 comments:

  1. yes.... be still.... and KNOW.... of the God who created you, redeemed you, and through the life, death and resurrection of Christ now provides you with everything you need to thrive TODAY, TOMORROW and ALWAYS.... so that you may love and serve others in His precious name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm being still - waiting for my sons to let me know when/if they will be here....:)

    Really want to go shop for a new mattress, though!

    ReplyDelete